19 December 2008

Black Out

For the past two days I've been down at the University of Cumbria's Ambleside campus on a two day first aid course run by Adventure Learning. The course itself was brilliant and I'm all topped up on first aid knowledge for the next three years, which allows me to walk onto any NGB training course now without worrying about the first aid prerequisites.

However, I was reluctant to commute, both days from Carlisle so I decided that I'd stay over in the Windermere area and sleep in my van. Ultimately, meaning that I could have a lie in, but also save fuel and money by cutting out the drive there and back, and then there and back again. To kill the time on Thursday night I decided to go out for a bit of a stroll up Loughrigg, which towers down over Ambleside. Obviously this was all in the pitch black and my Petzl Tikka + headtorch came in use. Obviously the pictures are a bit dull as it was pitch black, but I managed to get a glimpse of the odd rock, sheep or tree.

See, there's a tree.

I slept the night on the shores of Windermere at Red Nab and woke in the morning to a lovely pinkish glow over Windermere.

See, there's the pinkish glow over the lake.

Tomorrow I should be off paddling.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: