16 May 2009

No Fear of Falling

Looking up the classic Mohammed the Mad Monk of Moorside Home for Mental Misfits (VS 4c).

This was my last night in Preston so to pass the time I headed out for some climbing at Denham Quarry. It was amazing really that I managed to get some routes in after the rain that had fallen during the day; the rock was bone dry when we rocked up in the Pool Area at the quarry so we set too it straight away.

I got a quick lead in on Concave Wall (S 4a) before getting on the classic of the crag, Mohammed the Mad Monk of Moorside Home for Mental Misfits (VS 4c). It all went well so after a quick top rope on Going for the One (E2 5b) I got back on the sharp end to head up Mohammed the Medieval Melancholic (HVS 5a), which according to my guidebook is VS 4c, after a bit of a struggle and one fall later I got up it on a top-rope and then headed for home.


Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: