20 January 2011

It's been a while...

Looking over Borrowdale.

It would appear that I have not been doing anything of late; my last post was way back on 23rd December and to tell you the truth I haven't been that busy in terms of outdoor activities. I have been in the wall and on the fingerboard in an attempt to keep strong, but I haven't been getting out on the rock, on the river's, or into the mountains because of one thing and another.

A lone climber solos towards the sun.

However, I managed to get down to the most popular roadside crag of the Lake District, Shepherd's Crag for a couple of climbs today. It was nice to be out on the rock again, instead of the plastic, and it would appear that all this indoor training has paid off.

The Belvadere, with Derwent Water behind.

After soloing the classic V. Diff, Little Chamonix, I tied into the sharp end and headed up Monolith Crack's first pitch, before following my partner up the second pitch. I then lead Fisher's Folly (VS) in one long, meandering pitch, and also had a quick second on MGC (E2-, 5c). All of this was with minimal fuss.

A busy Fisher's Folly Buttress: Climbers on Fisher's Folly (VS) and MGC (E2-, 5c).

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: