14 February 2012

It's been a while...

I will show you all how it is done.

It's been a while since I've been out on the rock. I think it might have been over half a year since I pulled my climbing shoes on and scaled a rock. However, that changed today. The three of us headed down into the South Lakes to explore the Kentmere Valley and the bouldering it has on offer.

Daddy checking out another problem.

We started out at Badger Rock, which I have visited before, and I ticked off a number of problems that I had done on that previous visit. I certainly felt rusty when it came to moving over the rock. I still had the strength to pull on the small holds, but that has been slowly improving since working out a couple of times a week on a fingerboard, however my technique had certainly deteriorated. I was relying on pulling hard to get me through moves rather than good footwork and body positioning.

Daddy sticking the last move on a problem.

I ticked a dozen problems at Badger Rock before we decided to move across the road to Little Font. However, we never did get to Little Font as Phoebe was starting to get tired, hungry and fed up so instead we gave it up and headed back to the car and the north.

More pictures of the day can be seen here.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: