19 May 2010

Second year... Finished

I submitted my last piece of second year work today. It was a presentation on the expedition I participated in back in March and this submission marked the successful completion of two thirds of my BA (Hons) in Outdoor Leadership. In someways it is nice that I have got so far, but it is also daunting; the final and, more importantly, the hardest year is still to come and from this day forward it will be the closest I have ever been to completing the degree. Then I have to make some real decisions on where my life is going.



A sequence of photo's showing the committing move on The Man They Couldn't Hang (V4).

To take my mind of such trivial matters like my final year, and the future of my life, I went for an afternoon's bouldering session at what is probably my local spot, Carrock Fell, and even though I have visited this boulder filled hillside on several occasions I have still only ticked off 30% of the rough, Gabbro boulder problems. Today I added five more to the list and I began unlocking the moves for another.

Badger Attack (V6).

As for tomorrow: I'm probably going to be at the Bowderstone for an intense session before heading up to Reecastle to begin work on Penil Servitude (E5, 6b). Good times.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: