13 November 2011

In the fells with Feebs

In the mountains with Feebs.

Firstly I must apologise for not posting in such a long time, but in the last few months I haven't really been out and about climbing, walking or kayaking because of three things.

We moved house at the end of July and that took up many of my days off. Secondly, I changed jobs half way through September; I've now left Go Ape and am working for the family owned Booths, a supermarket chain exclusive to the north of England. Thirdly, Phoebe takes up much of my free time.

Having a picnic at High Sweden Bridge.

However today I got out into the fells with Phoebe. This was her very first experience of the fells and the first time she's been on my back. Previously she's been for walks around Carlisle on my front, but now that she is nearly seven months old she is big enough to be on my back.

Having an afternoon nap as Daddy heads back to the car.

Our walk was only a short one. From Ambleside we walked up the east bank of Scandale Beck, before crossing via High Sweden Bridge and returning down the west bank for tea and medals at the Apple Pie in Ambleside.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: