02 December 2009

An afternoon jaunt...

Looking down Ullswater towards Helvellyn and an angry sky.

Today was supposed to be the second coaching session that I would deliver to a group of first year students from the University of Cumbria for my Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport. However, not all the group could make it, so instead I joined the ones that could on a journey along the western shore, before crossing over and returning up the eastern shore.

It wasn't anything amazing by any stretch of the imagination, but I still enjoyed it. It just proved that even though I wasn't paddling the hardest white water, or paddling with the usual crowd, I can still have a fantastic time in a kayak. I suppose the setting goes along way in helping though.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: