08 January 2010

Back to the seaside...


I was there on Sunday, and I was there again today. The place is St. Bees North Head and I am starting to really like this place. It is just amazing and that is just the setting; the bouldering is up there at the top, it may even be at the top.

Warming up on Problem 1 (V0, 5a) of Boulder 1, Fisherman's Steps North.

Today however I stayed away from where I've bouldered before, the Apiary Wall Area, and instead headed a bit further south down the coast to the Fisherman's Steps area. The descent down the sandstone cliffs is a bit more interesting than the descent for the Apiary Wall Area, but the bouldering is just as good.

Working out the sequence for Boulder 2's Problem 7 (V4) at Fisherman's Steps North.

I managed four hours down beside the sea, before the incoming tide was looking ominously close to the foot of some of the boulders, and the sun was starting to set. However, in this time I managed to send twelve stellar problems ranging from VB to V4. This session was one of the best I've had of late and the main reason being over half of the problems I sent were in the higher end of the above grade range.

The best V2 (6a) in the Lake District: Fisherman's Dyno.

I'm thinking of getting out on Sunday for some kind of activity, and then on Monday, I'm off north, to see what the conditions are like in comparison to the Lakes as part of a Winter Skills residential with University.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

1 comment:

James said...

Great Shots. Like the last one. Looks like you've had pretty good weather for it!