23 July 2010

Busy Times

A famous landmark: Sycamore Gap, which was used in the 1991 film, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.

Well it would appear that the blog has been neglected of late. This is not the case at all; my free time has been neglected, and this is because the school holidays have begun. This for me means a number of things: full time work at Go Ape and as a result of this, less days for climbing and other activities.

Looking up at the prow of Queen Kong (Font 8a).

However, the days I have been given off by Go Ape I have tried to fill with freelance work and so far I have succeeded in gaining an extra day's work for the next fortnight. Yesterday I was working for Summitreks over in Coniston and next week I'm back working for Learning Edge, which is the outdoor centre within the University of Cumbria's School of Outdoor Studies.

Making moves on Prow Two (Font 5).

Today I took the day off though and I am glad I did; the weather was fantastic. After ticking off a lot of little jobs that had built up over the past eight days, whilst I have been working, I headed east into Northumberland for a short highball bouldering session at Queens Crag, and this took me past Sycamore Gap. I have, for a long time, been meaning to stop and photograph this landmark, not just because it appeared alongside Kevin Costner and Morgan Freeman, but because it is such an impressive sight.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: