12 July 2010

Quiter Times...

Setting up a Tyrolean in Dalt Quarry.

Since my last post, which was a week ago, things have started to slow down because the weather has taken a turn for the worse, but also paid work has started to pick up as the school holidays start to begin.

A red sky at night over the houses of Greystone Road, Carlisle.

Even though the weather has taken a turn for the worse there have been times where climbing has been possible - I've had a short bouldering session at Carrock Fell - but on more than one occasion motivation has been lacking. I think this is because the weather has made me question, on several occasions, whether it is worth driving to the crag on the hope that it will be dry enough for climbing. However, today I headed to Coudy Rock for another short session on the sandstone outcrop.


Another Coudy Rock route: The Wider Sea (F6b+).


I've decided that a trip to the limestone crags of the Yorkshire Dales will be a good way of filling the time tomorrow.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: