29 July 2008

Another Scottish Evening

Richie P spraying dirt on one of the berms.

The weather has eventually turned here in Perthshire. Over the last couple of days we've had blistering blue skies and tremendous heat, but today we woke up to a heavy Scottish downpour and the day didn't really improve much after that. Work was finished by five and the evening meal wasn't that much later. Two of the guys I work with here were talking of heading up into the Craigvinean Forest, which is little more than a stone's throw away from our Archery ranges to shred the downhill track that previous employees had whittled in the wooded hillside. I'm not much of a biker, but I headed up anyway to pass some of the evening away. Instead of handlebars in my hands I held a camera and pointed it at the bikers tearing up the berms and jumps as they descended through the woods back onto site. What I've concluded from this evening was my camera wasn't really quick enough to get really good downhill shots and biking ain't that dissimilar from boating.


Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

PS. I've been given a day off on Sunday, which just happens to coincide with a release on the Tummel. If your in the area and fancy a paddle let me know. Cheers :-)

No comments: