08 February 2009

Another afternoon jaunt

Looking over to Skiddaw and the Lake District National Park during it's big freeze.

With an equation of: not being enthused by university work coupled with getting bored sat around the house in Carlisle you are left with another afternoon jaunt climbing in the Eden Valley area. Ok, maybe I wasn't quite in the Eden Valley today as I was at Head End Quarry over near Wigton; I don't know where else you would class it though. What I do know is that I really liked this 40m long, 10m high quarry and will make sure I pay it another visit when the chance of snow beginning to fall is not on the cards.

Looking along the quarried limestone face.

We only bagged four routes before the snow started to fall, but they were all really nice and enjoyable, and still enthusiasm for climbing keeps on coming. It's a shame that I'm back in lectures tomorrow otherwise another afternoon jaunt could have been on the cards to another Eden Valley outcrop.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: