02 July 2009

Do you want to go to the seaside?

The lighthouse at St. Bees North Head.

Earlier today I posted about yesterday's walk and at the end I mentioned that I was going to go climbing in the afternoon. At that specific moment I was undecided as to where, but a couple of factors made my decision that much easier. The first factor was the distance from Carlisle - St. Bees is only 44 miles away, where as Little Font is 46 miles away. The second factor was the heat - the sea breeze would keep me cool at St. Bees. However, Little Font is in the shade, but that doesn't do much in the way of topping up the tan created in the Alps.

St. Bees North Head it was then. I only got six problems in before I called it a day, but it felt good to get back on the rock and I flashed most of the problems I attempted and some of them were V2 6a. A grade I usually have to work.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: