18 June 2009

Au revoir...

Looking upstream towards the Gelt boulder.

I got one final bouldering session in this afternoon before I head to France on Saturday. If I was being totally honest I would have to say it wasn't the best session ever. The problems were steep, the holds were small and I felt strong, but it was only for an hour on the quartzite boulder besides the River Gelt. I'd sent all the problems on a previous visit and just ticked them all off again before linking a couple of them up with traverses to extend the routes and add an extra element to my training.

As I've already mentioned I'm off south on Saturday down to the Alps for ten days of sun soaked kayaking. It'll be nice to get back in a kayak and get numerous Alpine rivers under my belt, but staying on the honesty theme I am slightly disappointed that I won't be able to get out climbing for a while because of the trip. Oh well, you can't have everything.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: