03 August 2009

Activity at Last

Needle Arete (V0, 5a).

Of late you may have noticed that posts have become less and less frequent, and those posts that have been published are, if you were being honest, of little interest. The reasons behind this are threefold:
  1. I've been busy working at Go Ape to replenish the funds before starting back at university at the end of September.
  2. I haven't really been getting out on my day's off because the weather has either been too rubbish for climbing or I've been unable to find people to go paddling with to make use of the weather which is recking the climbing.
  3. I've not had a fully functioning camera.
However, some of these factors have been cured. Obviously I'm still working over the summer, but I've been off today, and I've also got the day off tomorrow.

Problem 4, Warm-Up Area (V3).

Luckily the weather was just good enough to get a spot of bouldering in at Carrock Fell this afternoon. I managed to crack out ten problems at the North Central Group ranging from some simple V0's to some powerful V3's. It felt good to be on the rock again and it was made even better by the fact that my new camera is allowing me to get some good bouldering self-portraits. It does take a bit of setting up to get right, but it adds to the fun of it all. I've just got to perfect the technique now so I can rival these shots.

The Sound of One Al Slapping (V2, 5c).

I'm unsure of what I'll get up to tomorrow. There's a few jobs that need to be done in Carlisle, which will probably take little more than an hour, and then I'm free to do what I want. There could be a chance of getting out in a boat if the rain, which is promised, comes early enough to be of any use. It'll be nice if it does; I missed out on the boating opportunities at the end of last week.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: