18 August 2009

The weather


How does that popular, and famous for that matter, song go by that ever so popular Irish group?
"It's just one more day
No one said
There would be rain again
Won't blame it on myself
I'll blame it on the weatherman"
Ah yes. B*Witched. Such a great musical talent and could always provide relevant lyrics for the outdoor enthusiast. If there's not enough rain to go paddling we'll do as B*Witched say; we'll blame it on the weatherman, and then, if there's rain so that the rock is too moist for climbing we'll do as B*Witched say: we'll blame it on the weatherman.

Enough of this pointless waffling. What I'm trying to say here is that my climbing plans were scuppered today as it rained, which meant that the dolerite of Crag Lough and Peel Crag was out of condition and instead I found myself on the plastic of Penrith Leisure Centre's climbing wall.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: