17 March 2010

A change in plans


At the end of yesterday's post I mentioned that I would be off to Reecastle Crag today to have a look at what could be a new summer project, Penil Servitude (E5, 6b), however that didn't happen.

I woke at 8:30 with the intention of getting two hours of university work in before heading south for the Watendlath valley and the crag, but the weather had different plans. The pavements in front of the house were wet at 8:30, but by 11am they were dry, so I set out on the drive south. I hit Penrith and the roads were still wet, and it looked like they would be getting wetter; it had begun to rain. I turned tail, headed for home, and then onto the Sands Centre to pull on some plastic holds for a couple of hours instead.


Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: