27 March 2010

Into the Wild

My life for the next week.

I'm off tomorrow into the deepest, darkest depth of Scotland to explore the last great wilderness of the UK, the Knoydart Peninsula. The funny thing is, I have to go to the Peninsula to satisfy the learning outcomes of one of my second year modules. Isn't my university course a tough one?

The plan of action is quite simple:
  • Drive to Scotland on Sunday
  • Paddle to an island half way down Loch Quoich on Monday
  • Paddle the remaining length of Loch Quoich on Tuesday
  • Walk to the highest point on the Peninsula, Sgurr na Ciche (1040m) on Wednesday
  • Paddle back to the island half way down Loch Quoich on Thursday
  • Paddle the remaining length of Loch Quoich on Friday
  • Return to Cumbria on Saturday.
Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: