15 March 2010

I'm crimping Moss!

The Carrock Fell locals.

I spent the morning at Carrock Fell checking out the problems on the Far North circuit and I can't think of a better way of spending an overcast morning in the English Lake District. The rock was perfectly dry and so was the ground, which is unusual. This isn't a common occurrence for Carrock Fell; on my previous visits I've come away with soaking shoes and extremely wet socks, but today this wasn't the case. Instead I came away with numerous grazes on my fingers, palms, forearms and shins as the Gabbro rock was not one for being nice on the old skin. There's nothing really left to say so here is a small selection of the morning's photos.

Working up the arete on the Canada Boulder's Problem 14 (V0-, 4c).

The bomber handholds on Cube (V1, 5c).

Pulling off the ground on The Sugarloaf's Problem 7 (V3).

The classic problem, Boardman's Arete (V2, 6a).

More can be seen here.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: