22 August 2010

Hanging around on some ropes

An atmospheric view down Derwent Water towards Keswick and Skiddaw.

After work yesterday I nipped down to Shepherds Crag for an hour or so before finding a quite spot to spend the night so that I could get up early the next day for work. I started off with a quick, solo ascent of Little Chamonix (VD) before rigging a rope down the left side of the Fisher's Folly Buttress.

Looking across the steep headwall of Little Chamonix (VD).

I shunted up the line, MGC (E2-, 5c), before having a rest and getting back on the shunt to climb the extremely bold Shanna (E2, 5c).

At the rest point on Shanna (E2, 5c).

Afterwards, feeling warm and strong, I got on the rope again and started to work the moves on a possible new route, which has an English 6a move at the end, after some very bold climbing, and is probably around the E4/5 mark. Finally, before heading for bed, in the back of the van, I made a top-roped ascent of a new route, Fragile Heart (E1, 5c), which is a bit of a contrived line up the centre of the Fisher's Folly Buttress.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: