29 August 2010

Inspiration...

The Crack (V2).

I had a day off today and the weather was at its best, but instead of heading straight for the crag I spent 5 hours and 40 minutes on BBC iPlayer catching up with yesterday's live broadcast from Sron Ulladale where Dave MacLeod and Tim Emmett made the first ascent of The Usual Suspects (E9, 7a). It was an inspiring broadcast and once it had finished I was in the van, on my way into the Lake District, for a short bouldering session.

Making the big reach out to the jug on Matt's Roof (V5).

Unfortunately the bouldering session was not as productive as MacLeod's and Emmett's day on Sron Ulladale, but I did solo Truss Buttress (VD) before sending the problem, which appears on the front cover of the Lakes Bouldering Guide. I also worked a couple of steep, roof problems, but had little success; I seemed to be lacking finger strength. It could be time to have a serious rest before heading out to Kalymnos in eleven days.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: