18 March 2009

It's b-e-u-tiful outside

Walking along the banks of the River Eden at Armathwaite.

A band of high pressure sits over the north sea meaning that we're experiencing some rather delightful weather. Well it's delightful depending on how you look at it. In one instance it ain't that great as this weekend was and still is my 5 Star Kayak Leader training, which is having to be held on the Findhorn up near Inverness instead of in Cumbria, because of the dry conditions. However, in another instance it just can't be better...

The pad cushioning a rock inconveniently placed at the bottom of the Exorcist (V2).

I had a presentation to do today at university on the weather hence the spiel about high pressure and such like above. This did however free up my afternoon so on the drive back to Carlisle I called in at Armathwaite with my new bouldering pad in hand to crack out a few problems.

Going to slap an awkward side pull in the hope that it will stick on a problem (V3) to the left of the Exorcist.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I've been following for a while, and I just love each new post. It makes me want to be out there more often than I can with my current commitments. I am living vicariously through your adventures.
;o)
Rachel