11 September 2009

Playing in the sun... Again

Another beautiful day up in the north, and another day off for me. This run isn't going to last. The good weather might, but the day's off ain't; I'm back in work at the weekend.

Looking across the disused slate quarry, above Chapel Stile, with the Langdale Pikes in the background.

Back to today though. I said yesterday I'd get out bouldering and get some problems ticked. I did just that, but I didn't tick as many as I had hoped.


Looking to make the move out right on Wall 2 (V0+ 5b).

I decided that I would hit the Chapel Stile Circuit today. The circuit has always been something of a mystery, but it is based around the small craglets, both natural and quarried, which look down on the small Langdale village of Chapel Stile. Once I'd found the first problem of the circuit it was just a case of dragging myself and my kit through the bracken to get to the next problem.

Working out the feet in the hope of reaching the horizontal shot hole on H&M Smith Traverse (V2 6a).

I managed to tick off seven problems, and work the sequence for one other, which basically means I will return at some point and carry on from where I left off. There is a possibility that one day I'll be able to tick off all the problems in the circuit, and maybe even do it all in one day, but before that I'll have to get a lot stronger; today I wasn't pulling as hard as I have done in the last couple of months. Perhaps the four days of activity has had an effect on me; I suppose I can recover over the weekend whilst at work!

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: