02 September 2009

Wasted Miles

A low River Caldew.

At the moment I rack up a fair few miles each week with having to drive over to Whinlatter Forest park at least five times a week for work so when I'm on a day off I am always slightly reluctant to go driving back into the Lake District unless I have good reason to do so. Today I thought I had a good reason; it's rained at some point for the past few days and it has been quite heavy. This had me thinking that the rivers would be stonking, but it didn't seem to be the case. Langstrath was scrapeable, Glenderamackin was similar as was the Caldew. The only thing that was up was the Greta and I was reluctant to put on because it was the Greta.

Instead I turned for home, without even getting the boat off the van roof, and headed for the nearest garage as my exhaust had dropped off somewhere in the Borrowdale Valley. Hopefully tomorrow will have a much nicer tale.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: