24 April 2010

A rest day?


As promised, the video from yesterday's session at St Bees.

I was back at work today, in Whinlatter Forest Park, and I thought it would provide the ideal opportunity to have a day off from climbing so that my muscles could have some respite and my skin could have time to heal. However, it didn't quite work out; after work I found myself at Carrock Fell, warming up on a couple of problems I have sent in the past, before working the moves on some of the classic problems of the fell and the Lake District for that matter.


It was nice to get a cheeky session in, after working an eight-and-a-half hour day, and what was even better was the fact that the positivity generated during yesterday's session continued in to today's unexpected session meaning that after trying the initial moves once, and getting some beta on the sequence, I had Sing a Rainbow (V6) in the bag in no time at all.

Things are certainly looking good and tomorrow's post-work plans are revolving around some trad action on the crags of Borrowdale.


Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: