14 April 2010

Starting summer early

The view from the top of Reecastle Crag.

I spent the majority of the day at Reecastle Crag in the Borrowdale Valley, which is what I said I would be doing in yesterday post, taking in the delightful routes that are on offer at this steep crag. We didn't get massive amounts done, but what we did do was enjoy ourselves, and this was made better by not only the quality of the routes, but also the amazing weather we've had of late.


Starting out on The Rack (HVS, 5a).

However, I have made inroads into my summer project, I didn't begin working Penil Servitude, but instead ticked off the two HVS's and one of the E1's, all onsight, which means that I am now three routes closer to achieving my objective; leading all of the routes up to and including Penil Servitude (E5, 6b). I suppose the only thing left to do is to show you a couple of pictures taken during the day's activities. Good times.

Looking to make moves on The Rack Direct (E2, 5c).

Getting some respite after some hard climbing on The Gibbet Direct (E2, 5c).

Making the last of the hard moves on Guillotine (E3, 5c).

I'm back in work tomorrow, and Friday I have a research conference, but then the weekend is my own and I am getting the impression climbing may feature quite heavily in the weekend's shenanigans.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: