03 February 2007

Picture Perfect


I did something today that I have not done in a very long time; I went for a paddle in the Lake District on what the area is famous for. That is right, I wet my paddle in the fine waters of Coniston Water. The reason for this unusual behaviour, where my boat didn't have to rely on the gravitational potential energy of the water for propulsion, was because I was helping out on a 1* assessment for my local canoe club. Not a lot can be said about this trip, however I feel it warrants a post just because of the landscapes I managed to capture on my mum's non-sophisticated point-and-shoot Olympus C-460 Zoom digital camera.

Looking south from Beck Leven Foot, where we launched.

The southern flanks of Coniston Old Man, with Dow Crag in the background.

The boats piled up on the natural slipway, Peel Island.

Looking north from Peel Island towards the hills behind Coniston Village.

Looking south into the sun from Peel Island.

In the foreground: the rock arms of Peel Island, in the middle ground: Coniston Old Man and in the background: Dow Crag.

From left to right: Dow Crag, Coniston Old Man, Brim Fell, Swirl How and Wetherlam.

More pictures can be found here.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain

No comments: