03 November 2007

Back home... Back Paddling

Got back into Preston yesterday evening after setting off from PGL Dalguise on Thursday afternoon and straight away I'm out paddling the day after. In fact I'm paddling tomorrow as well. This means I have not had a chance to sort out blog posts from my time in Scotland, but I am sure I can start making some inroads into them tonight and over the next few days. Anyway here is a short post of today's adventures.

Getting on the water at Matchell's Coppice, Coniston Water.

The trip I managed to find myself on this morning was the trip for a group of paddlers from my local club who were doing their 1 Star Assessment. Needless to say I didn't join in on the assessments, but instead went for a little paddle with some other members of the club. Sitting in on an assessment would have been too much like work.

We paddled up the lake to Peel Island where we had dinner.

Tiger in a bush on Peel Island.

The blog is going to feature Tiger a lot more as I have been given it by one of the girls I worked with up in Dalguise. I have to take it travelling and photograph it at the same time so she can see where it's been during it's absence.

After dinner we paddled back to the cars, got off and got changed. I had a look at the mountain's which were totally different to the one's I had been seeing for the past month-and-a-half.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain


No comments: