04 September 2007

Set Sail

Sailing out from Tamaris' beach.

12th July 9:31pm
I went sailing today for the first time in my life. Tamaris has had a change in leadership when it comes down to the instructor side of things. In my opinion it is for the better. The new Chief Instructor can actually be seen to lift a finger where as I was unsure who the old Chief Instructor was. Anyway the new guy has implemented water sports training on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. I jumped at the chance to get some sailing experience, maybe even enough to work as an instructor by the end of my contract.

The sailing session lasted for two hours and I partnered a Bogger (PGL Tamaris slang for site workers) in a Feva. We didn't do much apart from sail back and forth, back and forth. It was good but I didn't get the same feeling about it as when I started paddling nearly four years back. Don't get me wrong I'll carry on training, but paddling will always be number one.

Good lines, stay safe and see you on the wet stuff...
Iain


No comments: